Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thing Number 14 - Technorati

Searching Technorati with term "Learning 2.0" led to 27,614 blog posts and 519 blogs in the blog directory. The advanced search brought different total hits. It wasn't clear what was actually being searched in each category.

I spent a lot of time poking around in the tabbed Popular category - watching a YouTube Filipino detention center practice of "Thriller," and an Xtreme sport smashup, checking out the Huffington Report, among other things.

I was somewhat put off by the use of the word favorite, as in the instruction to Favorite It and Top Favorited Blogs. Guess I'll never be cool.

Our Reference Training piece on Search Engines needs updating. An introduction to Technorati would be a good addition for folks new to the reference desk.

I hope to return to sign up to the watchlist and to claim my Mossman Guitar blog as soon as I finish the 23 things and have time to work on it.

No comments: