Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thing Number Eighteen - Docs across platforms

Portability of documents is much improved since earlier days when struggling with Macintosh at home and school, Microsoft at work. I have managed lately with drafts in email messages or as email attachments...but I do have MS Office applications on most of the computers I use.

I created two documents at home in the Google Docs text application, one a routing slip with an inserted table, another a first-thoughts draft for a high school class library tour that the Department is conducting. The latter could have been shared for the other librarians' ideas, but our timeline was too short. I accessed and printed the document at work.

I hope to eventually check out the presentation application, since those files are usually so huge.

Bless the developers of this!

No comments: