Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thing Number Twenty-One - Podcasts

It's nice that you don't need a separate device to listen to podcasts, but I encountered problems when trying to download software upgrades/plugins on my home computer.

I added a royalty free music feed to my bloglines, but wasn’t able to download a plugin needed to listen - listened to part of a Diane Rehm program instead. Guess I’ll have to get a new computer to be able to experience some of these things from home.

It was fun to see some of the old radio shows available as podcasts, discovered via the Yahoo directory. (Yahoo announces that its podcast site will be taken down at the end of October.) I also checked out the other two directories listed in the discovery exercise.

I'd like to experiment with actually recording a test podcast. The short tutorial podcasts included in Learning 2.0 have been very helpful and are an example of how libraries might leverage this tool.

No comments: