Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thing Number Twenty-two - Audiobook download trials

As I write, an audiobook download is in progress. The first part of the book timed out before it completely downloaded; I expect as much with the second part.

I wanted to complete this exercise with Overdrive since that is currently the main web audiobook option for our library customers. Since I recently tried to step someone through it by phone, I thought it would be good to get more practice. The operating system on my home computer is too old for the newer versions of media players. Even though the download stalled, I was able to listen to the beginning of Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling.

I also checked out and tried to download an Overdrive video, but my computer froze during the download. I was successful with an ebook from Gutenberg, an illustrated The Raven by Poe. Wasn't aware of Gutenberg audio format, but again had trouble downloading.

Maybe I'll have better luck another time.

No comments: